Friday, August 23, 2019

So this happened.... The Twisting of Little Aardvark...

When I initially created the plans it was sorta a build it as we go kinda thing… I decided to just cut all the wood pieces the same size… the trailer being square etc... and everything would work out just fine. After all, an RV is a very mobile shakey movement-oriented kinda thing. So it stood to reason that it would be just fine.
In short, I was wrong seeing that the trailer frame *the wooden part* was twisted or warped or whatever I knew that I had to cut it on three sides and straighten it… that wasn’t going to be fun.. .but I did it and I used a chain, a tree, a cargo tie-down, a little hook, and some ingenuity to get it to try and square up… it worked and I then made a block for one corner to try and help it keep its shape with the back wall… the next step would be to block off all the corners, glue it back together, and then shave off the excess and then fiberglass over the whole straightened structure.
Of course, this process won’t exactly look pretty but its where I am right now… I include some pictures below...

You can see where the wall was cut.


Showing the extent of the out of square. Upper Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So this happened.... The Twisting of Little Aardvark...

When I initially created the plans it was sorta a build it as we go kinda thing… I decided to just cut all the wood pieces the same size… th...