Saturday, August 3, 2019

Entry Door

Layout is something that I have looked at on lots of other RV builds and I decided for the rear entry door instead of the side entry. Usually in my opinion the reason for the side entry is that they want to put a bed or a dinette at one end of a small trailer.

The Concept was to be a Fiberglass panel with wooden frame.
I opted to sorta be inspired by the floor-plan of the airstream Basecamp trailers. which use a rear entry design.

I then made a simple placeholder door to occupy space and keep things sealed up while waiting for the real door.


Placeholder Door from an earlier failed idea.
Installing the Latch Mechanism for the new laminated door assembly.
Add caption




Knob and Edge of Door Detail




No comments:

Post a Comment

So this happened.... The Twisting of Little Aardvark...

When I initially created the plans it was sorta a build it as we go kinda thing… I decided to just cut all the wood pieces the same size… th...